sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] problems with SKS 1.0.10 when searching by key ID from G

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] problems with SKS 1.0.10 when searching by key ID from GnuPG
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 15:24:00 -0700

On 2009-03-22 at 11:08 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> This makes me think that what we're seeing is a bug in older versions of
> SKS that could cause serious incompatibilities.  The reason i found it
> was a report from a user who was having difficulty searching for keys
> from the keyservers by keyid.

Changelog for 1.1.0 contains:
  - Some small changes to index view

Since this has gone from not working to working, it looks like change in
the right direction.  With some recent activity providing Yaron with the
asked-for other maintenance, we might even see a 1.1.1 release sometime
soon, with the memory consumption fix, dump fix, IPv6 support,
membership reload fix, etc, making it an upgrade that we can nudge many
operators to upgrade to.

Provided that people *without* IPv6 support confirm that with the two
IPv6 patches it still works once they "disable_ipv6:" in their config
files.

-Phil