sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] problems with SKS 1.0.10 when searching by key ID from

From: Yaron Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] problems with SKS 1.0.10 when searching by key ID from GnuPG
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:29:17 -0400

I'm really confused.  People have piped in in both directions on this one, so does someone have the definitive story?  Is 1.0.10 the one that behaves correctly, or 1.0.9?

And yes, we should get a 1.0.11 release out soon.  I was waiting for the IPv6 patch to settle down and for everyone to agree that it worked for IPv4 and IPv6 installations alike.

2009/3/22 Daniel Kahn Gillmor <address@hidden>
On 03/22/2009 06:41 PM, David Shaw wrote:
> The 'exact=on' problem is specific to 1.0.10.  It worked properly in 1.0.9.
>
> See: http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00287.html

Ah, thanks for the pointer, David.

Given that this causes problems for users of gnupg, has any thought been
given to requiring members of the keyserver pools to not run that
version of SKS?  keys.gnupg.net itself contains several keyservers
running 1.0.10, which misbehave in response to standard gpg searches by
keyid.

       --dkg