sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Improving the SKS development model

From: Kim Minh Kaplan
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Improving the SKS development model
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 17:40:04 +0000

Yaron Minsky writes:

> Wow!  You've been working hard.  Your repo contains 30-some patches consisting
> of 3k lines of diffs!  Are you proposing pushing all of that to the mainline
> tree?

No most of them are old commits in other branches that I did while
finding my way around mercurial and preparing the other patches that you
already included some months ago.  But I don't know enough about
Mercurial to hide them.

The only interesting patches are word index patch (977e38781686) as well
as a tail recursion fix (c67b2f226c24), the two last commits.  I still
have some other commits in a private repository but I do not thing they
should be published (except may be a reverse signature index but I have
to investigate more first).

On an other topic, I see that the preferred storage mecanism for keys is
as raw PGP files with modifications in the Berkeley DB.  Is there any
particular reason you chose not to dump all the keys in Berkeley DB and
then do without the dump directory?

I ask the question because it feels like over time the keys in the dump
directory will consist of many unused keys as they have been updated and
now leave in the Berkeley DB.

Kim Minh.