sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Backup and Restoration of SKS Server

From: Kim Minh Kaplan
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Backup and Restoration of SKS Server
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:16:52 +0000

Patrick R McDonald writes:

> I am looking to move liberty.antagonism.org to different hardware to
> provide better service.  It will also allow me to offer the server as a
> hidden service.  I search the web for a backup and restore instruction
> for SKS, but was unable to find anything useful.  Could someone please
> point me in the right direction?

The easy answer would be to simply copy the KDB and PTree directories.
Alas a recent message¹ from Андрей Коробков indicates that this may not
work as expected. A no thrill solution is to use sks dump to backup your
database and use sks_build.sh to restore.

¹ http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2011-04/msg00014.html
--
Kim Minh