sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] IPv6 peering; keydumps annoyingly large

From: C.J. Adams-Collier
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] IPv6 peering; keydumps annoyingly large
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 08:05:23 -0700

We could implement references using IPv6 and BGP by mapping the last 48 bits of the fingerprint into an IP address.  We would need an ASN and a /32 allocation from IANA to pull this off unless there is something like rfc1918 space we could make use of.  It would be a mess of a routing table, and I'm not convinced Quagga could manage it effectively in less than a gigabyte of memory without some amount of work in the area of writing routes to permanent storage using bdb or something.  I don't know what kind of effect this would have on performance.

Sent from my PDP-11