sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 16-digit keyid with machine-readable output

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 16-digit keyid with machine-readable output
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 21:14:08 -0500

k clair wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't find anywhere that this is documented: Is there a way to
> get the machine-readable output of a search to return the 16-digit
> keyid rather than the 8-digit keyid?

The machine-readable index code is pretty simple and direct. There aren't
really any options other than to produce the mr index (&options=mr).

Using the input from this week's thread on the list and David Shaw's HKP
draft, we decided the best solution was to return the 16-digit key ID for V3
keys and the full fingerprint for V4 keys.

This, along with the earlier key expiration time work of Kristian's will soon
be available on the bitbucket repository. The two fixes are already running on
keyserver.gingerbear.net and sks.keyservers.net for testing.

-John

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net