sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Peering wiki text updated

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Peering wiki text updated
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 12:51:37 -0800

On 02/27/2013 12:36 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
> Are the ServerAliases strictly necessary for a port binding to 11371?
> Presumably you're not using canonical names to determine the service.
> If the aliases really are necessary, keep in mind that some pools are
> using a CNAME to pool.sks-keyservers.net, in particular keys.gnupg.net.

I think apache will land on this stanza as the default vhost stanza
based on the port, as long as no other vhost stanzas are set up for the
IP+port combination.

so i think that the ServerAlias isn't strictly necessary, though it can
be nice to include it if you are in the habit of grepping for likely
hostnames in your apache configs.

        --dkg