sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Encrypt.to searching for beta users

From: PGP Key Admin
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Encrypt.to searching for beta users
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 21:36:17 +0100

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm of the same opinion as Stephan. Even if this service is maybe good as-is, it could easily mislead the user into thinking that what he does is secure. The user doesn't know that the message has been encrypted with the end-user's key, and not with a MITM one. It may do more harm than good; IDK, just an opinion.

Good point, we will show the public key. By the way, here is the source code: https://github.com/encrypt-to/encrypt.to

Also, I hope you're not running an "open-relay" server, and that you have some kind of mail-sending policy ;).

No.

We would like to make PGP as usable as possible for everyone.
With https://encrypt.to you can send encrypted messages to PGP users
and you can receive encrypted messages from non-PGP users. We are
using client side encryption and we can't decrypt the message.

How does it work? When your public key is added to a sks keyserver
just open the link:

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.
Jan

Frank

--
frank.villaro-dixon.eu       - PGP: 6F36914A
Envie d'électricité 100% verte ? Enercoop.fr