sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] status page

From: Tobias Frei
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] status page
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 16:48:44 +0200

Hi Robert,

thank you very much for the translation; I also wondered if I should
provide one. I'm also really happily surprised that this translation has
been provided by an American. That's awesome. :D

To be fair, however, I'd like to modify the translation a tiny bit.
While yours does - in my opinion - actually maintain the spirit of the
post, I'm afraid the next answer might else be something like "your
translation is wrong and you're trying to manipulate".

So here is what I personally, being a German native speaker (but having
to look up some of the English words in dict.cc), would suggest as a
translation. I've just copied yours and modified some words:

"You've seemingly overlooked that the message was typed on a cell and
the autocorrect isn't designed for English. 'This message was sent from
my Android phone via K-9 Mail.' And because you instantly become
personal in your first post and aren't engaging with the real issues,
you're dead as a conversational partner to me."

Nevertheless, this e-mail, and the one I've publicly received as an
answer, clearly confirms me in my decision to remove Simon Lange from my
sks membership file.

@Simon Lange, your usage of the word "kindness", in the context of the
school student, and I run freiwuppertal.de and all its subdomains and
services as hobby projects in my free time. The SKS keyserver, the Tor
relay, the NTP service, every website I'm providing runs on a privately
rented virtual server, and I'm quite sure that I have stated that when I
have entered this list.
As you suggested, I've slept a night over it; that also implied reading
the messages which have been written between your suggestion and this
answer. This hasn't improved my bad impression of your behavior at all,
obviously.
If you feel insulted by "It makes me sad to see such childish behavior
on a mailing list like this one.", that was not my intention, but maybe
it's somehow justified for you to feel insulted by hearing what your
behavior looks like to me. That starts with your usage of the "m("
smiley (imagine someone did that in a real conversation) and does not
even end with your "*PLONK*" (that's pretty much comparable to slamming
the door behind you before your conversational partner is able to
answer, in my opinion). I think that your behavior, at very least in the
e-mail which I had responded to, is childish. I also think that your
anti-"bad ppl"-vhost policy is wrong and counterproductive. I do not
want to waste any resources on supporting either of these in any way. If
you think that's childish, that's fine by me.

Best regards,
Tobias Frei