sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS apocalypse mitigation

From: Andrew Gallagher
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS apocalypse mitigation
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 09:38:26 +0100

> On 5 May 2018, at 09:03, Phil Pennock <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> While you could modify the protocol to do something like announce a
> key-count first, that's still only protection against accidental
> misconfiguration

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. Since the majority of the problems that
you have experienced seem to be caused by people not setting it up correctly,
it would appear to be sensible, and it’s such a simple thing that I’m surprised
it hasn’t been implemented.

Yes, of course a malicious actor can take down an sks server, but you don’t
need recon to do it...