sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS apocalypse mitigation

From: Andrew Gallagher
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS apocalypse mitigation
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 10:27:28 +0100

> On 5 May 2018, at 09:38, Andrew Gallagher <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> On 5 May 2018, at 09:03, Phil Pennock <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> While you could modify the protocol to do something like announce a
>> key-count first, that's still only protection against accidental
>> misconfiguration

Sorry for the double. We don’t need to modify the protocol to enable such
checks. Whenever a server tries to recon with us, we can perform a callback
against its status page and run whatever sanity tests we want before deciding
whether to allow recon to proceed. This could be rolled out without any need
for coordination.