spamass-milt-list

Re: Excluding users from the milter

From: Cassandra Lynette Brockett
Subject: Re: Excluding users from the milter
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:22:27 -0700

Just a simple question - do you need to exclude them from the milter running
for them, or just exclude the milter from changing/modifying their messages?

If the former - no such luck without hacking the milter.  If the later, then
all you need to do is tell the milter to not modify the emails, and/or set
their spamassassin preferences to no changes, the former requires you to
re-run spamassassin for each user, but it does mean you don't need to do any
special modifications - and you can auto-reject all messages over a pre-set
spamassassin limit (I run this way).  The second option means you will do
some minor modifications of each email (the spamassassin report can be
switched off, but spamassassin always adds the spam-level headers).

So basically, it all depends on what you "need to have spam processing
skipped" for, if you don't mind the users possibly seeing certain minor
spamassin messages, then turning off the spamassin preferences to change the
message is probably what you are after.

Also the milter runs in both directions as default, so if you want it not to
do that - you will need to run the current CVS version and use the -i
option, this will allow you to have the milter not run on address(es) or
address ranges you do not wish it run on.

Hopefully this will help, if it doesn't, please let me know why you need to
disable the milter for some users, and I might be able to come up with a
work-around for you.

Regards,
    Cassandra