spamass-milt-list

Re: Excluding users from the milter

From: Erik Arneson
Subject: Re: Excluding users from the milter
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:14:19 -0700

On 19 June 2003, Cassandra Lynette Brockett <address@hidden> wrote:
> Just a simple question - do you need to exclude them from the milter
> running for them, or just exclude the milter from changing/modifying
> their messages?

I need to exclude them from the milter altogether.  Some of the
recipients on my system are very high volume, and the messages are
delivered directly to programs which would discard the spam anyhow.
However, I also have mostly "normal" human recipients who would like to
have spam filtering turned off.

> If the former - no such luck without hacking the milter.

Yes, I was looking at doing just that.  I don't think it would be a very
complicated change.

I was going to try doing it in sendmail.cf using classes, but there's no
RHS rule to run the filters.  They're run all the time.

> Also the milter runs in both directions as default, so if you want it
> not to do that - you will need to run the current CVS version and use
> the -i option, this will allow you to have the milter not run on
> address(es) or address ranges you do not wish it run on.

Ok, thanks.

--
;; Erik Arneson <address@hidden>    AARG Net <http://www.aarg.net/> ;;
;; GPG Key ID: 2048R/8B4CBC9C           <http://erik.arneson.org/> ;;