spamass-milt-list

Re: I want to optimize for mailinglists.

From: Don Armstrong
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 15:42:39 -0700

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> I started by spamass-milter from a commandline. I'm betting you
> started yours from boot when the controlling process didn't own a
> console.

Nah, it's started using start-stop-daemon. I played around a bit, and
you can get it to show up like you see if you actually just run it
from a terminal without using start stop daemon.

> If you shut your process down and then start it up, you should see
> that your terminal is *not* relinquished.

What's most likely happening is that start-stop-daemon is closing the
terminal, and daemonize or just spamass-milter itself isn't.

I just thought it was interesting that by default I didn't see the
problem.

Don Armstrong

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com