spamass-milt-list

Re: Sudden instability

From: Todd Lyons
Subject: Re: Sudden instability
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:24:33 -0700

Dan Nelson wanted us to know:

>No, only Linux has the three processes.  They're due to how
>LinuxThreads emulates threads with processes and a lightweight fork()
>function called clone().  On other systems you'll either see 1 process
>if it's working, or zero if it's not :)

On 2.4.20-20.9 (RedHat 9), I see one process.  On 2.6.5 (Gentoo), I see
three processes.

>see if you have an X-Spam-Status: header.  If not, then check
>/var/log/maillog for milter timeout messages.  If you do see a header,

In my case, the milter dies.  I've reverted the spamd report_safe change
on two of the three boxen.  I'll report on if it makes a difference
after some time has passed.  So far the only one which has crashed since
I reverted the change was the one I have not changed.  We'll see if that
holds though.
--
Regards...              Todd
  We should not be building surveillance technology into standards.