spamass-milt-list

Re: Sudden instability

From: SG
Subject: Re: Sudden instability
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 06:40:25 -0700

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:05:18 -0500, Dan Nelson <address@hidden> wrote:
> In the last episode (Jul 06), SG said:
> > Fwiw - I'm using spamass-milter - Version 0.2.0 and do see the
> > instability...
> >
> > On Fbsd - What's the easiest way to upgrade? leaving my configuration,
> > flags, etc. intact?
>
> Either use portupgrade, or pkg_delete followed by a reinstall (either
> "make install" from the port directory, or "pkg_add -r spamass-milter").
>
> You may also want to back up your rc.d startup script if you made
> changes, since the port now uses a rc.subr script and expects custom
> settings to be put in /etc/rc.conf.
>

> --
>        Dan Nelson
>        address@hidden

i deinstalled, then reinstalled the new port - but the command
spamass-milter reports its version still as 0.2.0 - though i saw the
0.2.4 sources d-l during make install... and this process finishes w/o
error. does this mean the reinstall was unsuccessful? or is this
version string just not updated on point releases?

thanks,
sg