spamass-milt-list

Re: stops working after a couple of days.

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: stops working after a couple of days.
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 22:58:20 -0500

In the last episode (Jul 07), Carl Brewer said:
> Out of curiosity, I'm running NetBSD 1.6.various, and using the
> spamass-milter port that comes with it (currently
> spamass-milter-0.1.3a).
>
> It's been pretty stable, I've got a daemon script that restarts it
> and clamav and spamd when they go missing, which doesn't seem to be
> all that often.  Is there any pressing need to pester the NBSD ports
> people to upgrade to 0.2.x yet?

Here's the NEWS file fragment for 0.2.0:

0.2.0: (2003-06-26)
 * -b/-B options to redirect tagged messages to another email address.
 * -i option to not run spamassassin on messages coming from specified
   networks.
 * All arguments after -- will get passed to spamc (deprecate -D at the
   same time).
 * Envelope, remote IP, HELO, and date get sent to spamc, so the
   results more closely match what spamc via procmail sees.  A lot of
   SA rules could never fire because this data was missing. You will
   need to add a line to your sendmail config file to enable date
   passing (see README).
 * A compatible manpage is generated on systems without mdoc macros.
 * Incoming messages with absolutely no headers at all now get checked
   correctly

So it adds some nice features and can do Date: and Received: header
verification for emails sent directly to your server.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden