spamass-milt-list

RE: mail relay question

From: Giles Coochey
Subject: RE: mail relay question
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:53:37 -0000

ongnu.org [mailto:spamass-milt-list->
address@hidden On
> Behalf Of Michael Grant
> Sent: 02 March 2005 15:36
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: mail relay question
>

> Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but when spamass-milter sends mail
> to spamd, spamassassin runs as the user who is the recipient of the
> mail.

Correct me if I'm wrong but spamd runs as the user which you specify
with the "-u" flag to spamd, when run without the "-c" flag for no
per-user configuration files. If "-c" is specified I believe the user
specified with "-u" is used for every user anyway.

> If my server is a relay for another server, who does spamassassin run
> as and where do I configure things like it's white/black list?  And is
> there a way to do the autowhitelist?

I have this type of configuration, and use system wide settings for
whitelist, blacklist and global bayes db:

bayes_file_mode 0770
bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes