spamass-milt-list

Re: mail relay question

From: Michael Grant
Subject: Re: mail relay question
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:37:04 +0100

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:04:11 +0100, Michael Grant
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:53:37 -0000, Giles Coochey
> <address@hidden> wrote:

The man page says that if you DON'T specify the -u flag, spamd setuids
to the userid of spamc.

spamass-milter calls spamc, therefore, I think I need the -u flag in
spamass-milter.  But does this make spamass-milter set the uid for all
incoming mail or just mail that isn't to someone on my server?

What I want is only relay mail to use the default user and all other
mail to use the real user's preferences file.  Is this possible?

> > > If my server is a relay for another server, who does spamassassin run
> > > as and where do I configure things like it's white/black list?  And is
> > > there a way to do the autowhitelist?
> > >

> > I have this type of configuration, and use system wide settings for
> > whitelist, blacklist and global bayes db:
> >
> > bayes_file_mode 0770
> > bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes
> >

> Is this in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf?

This doesn't seem to work for me.  I get nothing in the bayes directory.