spamass-milt-list

Re: Fwd: milter root user?

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: Fwd: milter root user?
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 15:52:27 -0500

In the last episode (Sep 02), Paul 'Google' Smit said:
> > 2005/9/2, Paul 'Google' Smit <address@hidden>:
> >> Is it possible to run my spamass-milter with my root account?
> >>
> >> It's currently started with the sa-milt account but's not scanning
> >> any messages.
> >>
> >> How do I check the privileges of the sa-milt account?
>
> You might try asking the spamass-milter guys.  This sounds more like a
> milter problem than a SpamAssassin problem.
>
> Can anyone help me out, please?

Have you configured sendmail to use the milter?  Do you see any
spamass-milter entries in the log?  How about if you add "-d misc" to
the spamass-milter commandline?  The only permissions requirements
spamass-milter itself has are: can it create the socket specified by
the -p flag, and can it fork and execute the spamc command.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden