spamass-milt-list

Re: Configurable reject message?

From: Andrew Daviel
Subject: Re: Configurable reject message?
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 16:54:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 15 May 2010, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:

One of the changes I made here was to change it to a URL explaining
why the mail was rejected and how a legitimate sender might
otherwise contact us. Not that users seem able to read DSNs.

Same here. Mine never read error messages. They seem to think I'm a magician
with an immense powerful glass bowl... ;)

:-) I'm just trying to debug "blocked attachment" where it seems to work via a different provider and I have no access to the far end.

How did you change the message? Did you change the code before you built the
milter?

Yes. That was trivial; there were various other changes I made including the ability to have per-user configurable reject scores, so that spam-lovers would be happy (if there are still such; in the past we've had people who don't want any of their mail filtered at all - though we bounce a lot with the CBL blacklist, too)

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)