Re: [Xlog-discussion] Multiple log quicky (0.6 beta 3)

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Multiple log quicky (0.6 beta 3)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:29:01 +0100

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:01:20 -0600
Bryn Joynes <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Downloaded xlog-0.6beta3 and installed.  Once again a good install.  I had
> xlog0.5 from a RPM installed already.

Thanks for testing this Bryn,

Maybe you noticed xlog will crash of you use PgUp/PgDn keys. I forgot to adapt
that bit for multiple logs. If it is very annoying, I can upload a fix.
Keep your logs in a safe place of you can, since there might still be some
other issues.

> I sent an email to this reflector a couple of weeks ago about multiple logs,
> as well as a search function.  Both of these seem to work fine.  I do have
> one more suggestion, and that is dupe checking of callsigns.  This would I
> believe open the program up to general logging and general contest logging.
> What I mean by general contest logging is the ham who wants to logging his
> contacts, but not submit a log.  I often play in a contest just to work a new
> country of state, but do not intend to submit a log, it is here that dupe
> checking of calls would be nice.

Dupe checking should be fairly easy to program. It all depends on what you want.
Should there be a start and ending date for the dupe checking, or just the
whole log? If you just want to check the complete log, I can put it in
0.6 beta4. It is probably very easy to code.

> Sometime in the future, merging of logs would be nice, but not essential yet.
>  Also the ability to close logs, and open logs at random.

Yes, and the ability to say which logs you want to have displayed at
startup.

> When entering a callsign I notice this message in the lower left hand status
> window. "Minutes out of range (0-59)".

There must be a wrong entry in the preferences dialog for your location.

> Thank you for all the work everyone has done.  I program some, but not in C
> or C++, but maybe I could help in otherways, just let me know.

I am glad you can take some time testing xlog.

> Best Regards
>
> Bryn
> N4VM

Joop PA4TU