Re: [Xlog-discussion] Multiple log quicky (0.6 beta 3)

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Multiple log quicky (0.6 beta 3)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:59:17 +0100

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:01:10 -0600
Bryn Joynes <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Joop,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> A dupe check of the complete log would be fine.  You often hear people on the
> radio pulling up contacts from years ago.  Maybe we could start with a
> complete log check, and refine it via the search function for date
> interevals.  Or you have dupe checking selectable by the user.

I just realized, we can easily add a range for dupe checking,
since we use QSO numbers in the log.

> BTW, when searching for "N" as the first character of a call, it also finds
> any call with "N" in the call. Example, search for "N" finds N4VM and VE1BRN.

Yes, I am using a call to strstr, which was the quickest way to get
log searching started. In the future, I want to program the use of
wildcards, e.g. n*, n?xyz or *n. This is something for the TODO list.

> Something neat that I found, the ability to copy calls from one log to
> another.  With numerous logs open, select the QSO, change logs and use the
> add button.

Isn't that great? I was breaking my head about moving QSO's between logs
and then I found the same thing you are describing. Some problems solve
themselves.... Next thing would be to move QSO's up and down in a log.

> You keep writing, and I will keep testing.  I think this is a great logging
> program, with a lot of potential.

I hope so, although sometimes I feel we are still far away from the
ultimate logging program. Just experienced a few crashes with xlog.

> Best Regards
>
> Bryn
> P.S. Bugs in the progarm, would you prefer me to send them to the list or
> directly to you?

To the list is fine.

Regards,
Joop PA4TU