Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-0.9 released

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-0.9 released
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:46:30 +0100

Nate Bargmann wrote:

Yeah, bad form to keep following up to oneself...

A Google search finally turned up SQLite which is an embeddable SQL
engine that doesn't require a seperate RDBMS process and is licensed in
the Public Domain.  It is already in libs/main of Debian, so
availability on major distributions probably won't be a problem.  I'll
need to do more reading to see if this package can do what I've been
thinking of.

URI: http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/

73, de Nate >>

Nate,

thanks for exploring the SQL possibilities. I had already figured that setting up MySQL or somesort would be to much for the average ham, although it might be a good exercise for us more experienced hams :-)

SQLite doesn't seem to depend on a running database server, it writes directly to and from files, which seems an interesting solution. However, I guess we wouldn't benefit from a separate running process which does it's own calculations. A solution for this might be if we start using threads...

Regards,
Joop