Re: [Xlog-discussion] New to list - questions

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] New to list - questions
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 14:31:56 +0100

Op zo, 02-01-2005 te 16:46 -0600, schreef Peter Laws:

> So my questions are these:
>
> o N1MM can spit out ADIF logs ... can I import these into Xlog
> assuming I decide to make Xlog my primary log?

Yes it can. However, xlog will only import the fields which are
supported by xlog.

> o I'm going to give gMFSK a try as well as a potential replacement for
> MMTTY for RTTY - does Xlog play nice with it?  Is it an integrated
> combo like N1MM Logger/MMTTY?  Of course, I've got to get SuSE to
> operate the soundcard correctly first - it doesn't want to see the
> right inputs and outputs!

Can't really say if N1MM/MMTTY resembles xlog/gmfsk, because I have
never used a windows environment for hamradio. If you have gmfsk running
and fill in the appropriate fields, clicking on the "log it" button,
will send logging information to xlog. That's about it.

You should give it a try, most people seem to like it.

Regards,
Joop PG4I