Re: [Xlog-discussion] New to list - questions

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] New to list - questions
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:23:30 +0100

Op vr, 21-01-2005 te 12:15 -0800, schreef Leigh L Klotz, Jr.:
> XSLT could be used to convert it to HTML easily.  Libxml2 has xslt in
> it.  You can use the accept header to determine whether the client wants
> HTML or XML...the query can be the same URL and the browsers will
> automaticaly ask for HTML.  You can also allow the query to specify a
> result style, which would be the name of the XSLT stylesheet to use.

Okay that makes sense. I remember converting epiphany (the gnome
web-browser) bookmarks, which are in xml, to mozilla bookmarks in html
using a xslt style sheet.

I guess we could create some kind of html page with a few buttons to
click on and fields to fill in, which define the query. This page plus
the style sheet could be part of xlog.

Thanks for sharing ideas,

Regards,
Joop