[Xlog-discussion] Keyer

From: John
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Keyer
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 19:05:23 +0000

Using Xlog 2.0.10, I'm trying to get the keyer going. Cwdaemon is installed ("cwdaemon" in /usr/sbin and /usr/share; both with root as owner and group). Since I don't have a cable from the parallel port to the transceiver yet, I'm just testing the keyer.

None of the F keys gives anything from the computer --- no CW sidetone from the speakers (cwdaemon's default sound device), not even any CW clicks or hums from inside the machine as I used to hear with my old computer. Kmix has "built-in analog stereo" selected for everything, and both external speakers test OK.

Years ago I never did get around to building a switch that would let me actually use the keyer, but with earlier versions of the software and a previous computer I could hear the F messages through my speaker and something (diode or relay) clicking out the CW inside the box. Don't recall doing anything special, just installing Xlog and cwdaemon.

Any suggestions?

--John K3GHH