Re: [Xlog-discussion] Keyer

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Keyer
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:30:49 -0400

On 09/18/2013 03:05 PM, John wrote:
Using Xlog 2.0.10, I'm trying to get the keyer going. Cwdaemon is
installed ("cwdaemon" in /usr/sbin and /usr/share; both with root as
owner and group). Since I don't have a cable from the parallel port to
the transceiver yet, I'm just testing the keyer.

None of the F keys gives anything from the computer --- no CW sidetone
from the speakers (cwdaemon's default sound device), not even any CW
clicks or hums from inside the machine as I used to hear with my old
computer. Kmix has "built-in analog stereo" selected for everything, and
both external speakers test OK.

Years ago I never did get around to building a switch that would let me
actually use the keyer, but with earlier versions of the software and a
previous computer I could hear the F messages through my speaker and
something (diode or relay) clicking out the CW inside the box. Don't
recall doing anything special, just installing Xlog and cwdaemon.

Any suggestions?

--John K3GHH

Look in /etc/default, at one time the configuration was there.

Ed W3NR