ac-archive-maintainers

Re: submission mailinglist

From: Peter Simons
Date: 06 Feb 2003 20:56:41 +0100

Guido Draheim writes:

 > - bcc' to ac-archive-maintainers does not work:
 >    error return ` mail with implicit receiver
 >    awaits ack by mailinglist maintainer`

Uh, did you actually try this with the ac-archive-maintainers mailing
list? I am asking because I never received any notifications of having
to approve such an e-mail, so if you did try it, I'd have to check the
server why it did not notify me.

 > - cc' to ac-archive-maintainers does work for
 >    me but it would fail for the original
 >    author when not subscribed.

The list is open to postings from non-subscribers, so Cc is the way to
go. It's much better than Bcc anyhow, because then replies to your
e-mails will be visible on the list as well.

IMHO, this mailing list should be used for the submissions as of now.
Creating a new mailing list for that purpose alone strikes me as
overkill.

Peter