accessibility

Re: [Accessibility] conflict free disabled programmer needs

From: Jason White
Subject: Re: [Accessibility] conflict free disabled programmer needs
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:02:33 +1000

Willem van der Walt <address@hidden> wrote:
> Why not just use sshfs to mount the remote filesystem?

Or rsync to transfer the files?

I do agree that the X11 assistive technologies need to become remotely
available. The accessibility API for Gnome (and its extension to QT) use DBus,
which as far as I know can't be transported over the network. I think this
should be addressed at some point, although I doubt that I would use it
frequently. I spend most of my time at the shell level and in GNU Emacs of
course, running X only for applications that need it.