advocate

[Advocate Play Ogg] Update: WBUR PlayOgg!

From: Joshua Gay
Subject: [Advocate Play Ogg] Update: WBUR PlayOgg!
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:51:46 -0400

  * Read the follow-up blog post - http://www.fsf.org/blogs/wbur-playogg-update

The short of it: WBUR was receptive to our letter and invited us into
the station for a tour and asked some good tough questions about the
ethical and technological aspects of providing freedom respecting
audio formats. We offered FSF technical expertise and time resources
to help WBUR provide an Ogg Vorbis stream.  By the time we left, they
seemed confident that the technical barriers were sufficiently low.

Now the ball is in WBUR's court, and we look forward to their response.

Get prepared for the follow up, and encourage others to sign up to the
playogg action mailing list: