aramorph-users

Re: [Aramorph-users] A contribution for AraMorph

From: Pierrick Brihaye
Subject: Re: [Aramorph-users] A contribution for AraMorph
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:58:10 +0200

Hi,

Ahmed El-dawy a écrit :

Now I have made my old changes over the latest version.

Fine :-)

I attached the patch file you told me about.

It looks OK as such.

I have made more changes that will make it start more faster.

See below...

I don't know if the latest changes are acceptable or not.

This list is dedicated to discussion ;-)

I have changed the format of the dictionary and compatiblity files.

Mmmh... I'd prefer to keep the compatibility with Buckwalter's dictionaries. Anyway, if you have a small patch taken from one of your modified dictionaries...

First, I loaded them using the ordinary method from the text files.
After that I wrote them to binary files using the java serializable
format. In order to accomplish this, I had to implement the interface
serializable in the Dictionary Entry class. Also I changed some of its
attributes to transient to keep the binary files small.

My idea was rather to have a dedicated interface to access a binary format for the dictionaries. Currently, we have an InMemoryDictionaryHandler ; I would like it to implement a DictionaryHandler interface and maybe to override an AbstractDirectory class.

Then, we could easily design a JDBCDictionaryHandler, a LuceneDictionaryHandler and - why not ? - a SerializedDictionaryHandled.

I urge you to consider this kind of design that would have a small impact on existing classes (do remember that small patches mean early commits and conversely).

We could have the same design for the InMemorySolutionsHandler class, although it is probably less useful.

What's your mind ?

Cheers,

p.b.