Re: [aspell-devel] TODO, aspell

From: Evgeney
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] TODO, aspell
Date: 29 Oct 2003 22:50:41 +0300

Hello.
> >How can I see all algorithms in Aspell suppose that one letter is one
> symbol, but it is not in >UTF-8. Letter of my native languge is
> represent three chars, for example.

It is converted to an internal coding that is 8-bit.  The encoding used
depends on the encoding of the dictionary.
You didn't understand exactly what I mean.

I mean, if the encoding of dictionary is utf-8. I found one dictionary for Aspell in Internet for my languge, his encoding is utf-8.
Of course, I can convert it in some 8-bit encoding. But utf-8 is new standard, and after some times, all dictionaries will be in utf-8, or in another unicode
coding.
And there are languges, that have more then 256 diffrent characters (Chinse for example).

May be  use, wide characters in Aspell?

With regards,
Evgeney.