Re: [aspell-devel] support for compound words and word skipping by conte

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] support for compound words and word skipping by context
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:39:01 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Chris Hornbaker wrote:

> On Friday 26 March 2004 20:37, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> > OK.  I see.  Can it get more complicated than that?
>
> Yes. In fact, it would be much easier to point you to the reference grammar.
> http://lojban.org/publications/reference_grammar/chapter4.html
> The chapter should be understandable on its own. It also gives a good
> background on some linguistic concepts. :-)

I really don't have time to study that whole page.  All I am interested in
is what type of framework is needed to support compound words.  Such as a
set of rules.  Like when joining xx and xx insert x, etc.  Sorry but I
rather focus on writing a spell checker than learning the complicated
grammar rules of other languages.

How far would rules such as.  If 'A' ends in 'a' and 'B' starts with 'b'
then insert 'x' when joining A + B.  Is there ever a need to insert more
than one letter.  Ever need to remove a letter?  Those are the types of
things I am interested in.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org