Re: [aspell-devel] support for compound words and word skipping by conte

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] support for compound words and word skipping by context
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 02:12:09 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Chris Hornbaker wrote:

> Or I'm thinking out loud and should hush-up. :-)

I believe so.  Since you are really confusing me.

What I have in mind is that every word in a dictionary will have a
compound category stored with it.  So lets assume there are three
categories A, B, and C.  The you then specify rules for valid compound
pairs such as, "AB".  Which means a A word can join with a B word to form
a new word AB.  However, BA is not allowed.  That if "foo" is an A word
and "bar" is a B word than "foobar" is allowed but "barfoo" is not.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org