[aspell-devel] Port to Win32

From: Gary Setter
Subject: [aspell-devel] Port to Win32
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 07:43:11 -0500

Hi,

I'm working on a port of ASpell 0.60 to Win32. I'm wondering of
my changes will accepted and what I can do improve my chances.

I've often heard that porting code makes it better. That is you
find the dependencies of particularities of one compiler. You
find things that are wrong but that your compiler tolerates.

On the other hand,  porting sometimes forces you into a thicket
of conditional compilation and macros.

In my opinion the advantage of keeping one source that is
portable outweigh the cost.

I'm not done with my port, but I would like to hear if stylistic
changes that make the code portable, as opposed to new features
are welcome at this time. Also, If anyone else is doing the same
thing, I'd like to hear of that as well.

Best regards,
Gary Setter