Re: [aspell-devel] A few questions while porting

From: Jose Da Silva
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] A few questions while porting
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 02:45:25 -0700

On Friday 15 October 2004 06:42 am, Gary Setter wrote:
> 5)
> I haven't spent any time on it, but the pipe command is failing
> on me. I was doing this at the command prompt:
> more sample.txt | aspell6 pipe.
>
> I would like to use the debugger to solve the problem, but I
> don't know how to tell the debugger to get its input from a pipe.
> Can anyone tell me how or am I going back to sending messages to
> the screen?

I'm not sure if the debugger is the same as MASM's CV, but I know that with
the CV debugger for MASM, it acts like a wrapper around the program in
question, so whatever stdin or stout expected by the program would be
intercepted and sent thru CV first, so the above would be:

more sample.txt | CV aspell6 pipe.

Note: the "more" command would also be expecting keyboard input which messes
things up for you, so you may want to reduce it to:

CV aspell6 pipe <sample.txt

Hopefully the info is helpful if not quite the right "debugger" answer.

If the debugger is built-in to the compiler IDE, you may want to set
breakpoints in your program while using something like this as your
command-line

aspell pipe <sample.txt