Re: [aspell-devel] Word lists that use Affix

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Word lists that use Affix
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:28:37 -0600

<snip>
Hi Kevin, Jose,

Again, thanks for pointing out the compression utilities I
already had. I ended up using munch.
Munch expects the number of words on the first line. It also put
the number of items after compression on the first line. Since
aspell does not expect the word count, it got in the way. I
modified munch to take a word count as a command line argument.
Do you think such as change is worthy of a patch?

Also, making the compressed list was just one step in making the
minimum dictionary that fit my vocabulary.
The steps included,
 making a representative sample,
 searching the word lists,
 affix compression,
 combining lists,
 compiling into rws,
 making the multi file.

I'm not sure about the combining lists step. Looking at the code,
it seemed to me that making one rws file would be more efficent.
But I'm not so sure. Any ideas on this?

Should there be an application for managing the process for the
user?

Best regards,
Gary