Re: [aspell-devel] install-dir home-dir prefix config keyword

From: Jose Da Silva
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] install-dir home-dir prefix config keyword
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:14:39 -0800

On Monday 06 December 2004 07:45 pm, Gary Setter wrote:
> I want to resolve my problems with the config keywords home-dir,
> dict-dir, data-dir, local-data-dir, master-path, filter-path, and
> prefix.
>
> Most Windows programs put their data in the installation folder
> within the "/Program Files" folder. Personal data goes under "My
> Documents". The installation folder or "My Documents" can be
> renamed or moved around. Aspell doesn't have anything that I can
> use to setup a master config file that will find those folders.
> There are functions that I can call to find those directories,
> but I need a hook so that I can call them.

Instead of "/Pr..." there are several path variables.
Example:
%HOMEDRIVE% %HOMEPATH%   or   $HOME
this may help for a start:
http://www.wilsonmar.com/1envvars.htm

perhaps looking at one of the larger/busier open source projects may shed
light towards a more refined manner.
gimp? mozzila? samba? other?