Re: [aspell-devel] Possible bug in new_filer.cpp

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Possible bug in new_filer.cpp
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:56:48 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Kümmel" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 6:03 AM
Subject: [aspell-devel] Possible bug in new_filer.cpp

> While compiling aspell I get warnings in new_filter.cpp.
>
> Is the assignment in the if() really by design or is it
> a typo and copy&paste error?
>
> When it should really be an assignment, why not move it
> into the code block?
> Just an idea.
>
> Peter
<snip>
Hi Peter,
No, it is not a typo. The code only assigns ifilter if the its
prerequisites are met. Also, the test is not for equality, but
for a null result.  As an exercise, you could try eliminating the
warning by moving this code
        RET_ON_ERR_SET(ifilter->setup(config), bool, keep);
        ifilter->handle = filter_handle.release();
        if (!keep) {
          ifilter.del();
        } else {
          filter.add_filter(ifilter.release());
        }
and this code
        RET_ON_ERR_SET(ifilter->setup(config), bool, keep);
        ifilter->handle = filter_handle.release();
        if (!keep) {
          ifilter.del();
        } else {
          filter.add_filter(ifilter.release());
        }
and this code
        RET_ON_ERR_SET(ifilter->setup(config), bool, keep);
        ifilter->handle = encoder_handle.release();
        if (!keep) {
          ifilter.del();
        } else {
          filter.add_filter(ifilter.release());
        }
      }

into a function which takes as parameters f->decoder(),
decoder_handle vs f->filter(), filter_handle vs f->encoder(),
encoder_handle.  ifilter could be local to that function, I
suspect.

I'm not in  the loop, but did you submit your changes to the
sourceforge project?

Kevin,
Are we close to closing down the win-32 port ghetto and making
aspell and Linux/windows application?
Best regards,
Gary