Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/doc/todo.texi

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/doc/todo.texi
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:46:42 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> An analogous change in preview/doc/faq.texi and compiling it with
> `makeinfo -D rawfile --no-headers faq.texi --output ../FAQ' works
> fine as well.

It didn't for me, and guess who is going to roll the release tarballs.
While it worked, there were no section numbers.  I really worked days
on that problem until I found that workaround.

So please leave the junk in for now.  Better safe than sorry.

I might want to roll a release this night when I am back from choir
practice.  Call me crazy.  If anybody has time to work on the
installation (the idea is that the usual non-XEmacs installation
should roll all the stuff into site-lisp/auctex and subdirectories,
put a .nosearch file in (like preview-latex does) and use tex-site.el
for setting up paths.  Then an autostart file auctex.el gets placed
into site-start.d where available, and the same with preview-latex.el.
It is probably not feasible to port the XEmacs package tree creation
of preview-latex to AUCTeX this night.  Cough, cough.

Maybe I'll want to finish the release in Poland.  With the GNU mail
servers going down tomorrow, this should be real fun.