Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Reopening environments.

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Reopening environments.
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:20:29 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-10-14) writes:

>>> And it would appear that the following in bigfoot.dtx (which has
>>> bigfoot.drv as its master file) gets completely ignored when parsing:
>>>
>>> %    \begin{macrocode}
>>> %<driver> \documentclass{ltxdoc}
>>> %<driver> \usepackage{bigfoot}
>>> %<driver> \usepackage{tabularx}
>>> %<driver> \usepackage{hyperref}
>>> %    \end{macrocode}
[...]
> Well, the _real_ fix would be to have the darn master file bigfoot.drv
> parsed instead of getting its parse info overwritten with that of
> bigfoot.dtx.  Everything else is just patching around symptoms.

Okay, I am obviously lacking some knowledge about doc, docstrip, etc.

Are the lines shown above in the driver file without the "%<driver>"
prefix?  Is the driver file produced from those lines by running
docstrip on the dtx file?

If these questions can be answered positively then it can happen as
well that we have to deal with a dtx file only, if e.g. docstrip was
not run.  In such a case we would have to parse "%<driver> foo"
anyway.

But of course this problem is unrelated to master/slave files with
identical base names.