[AUCTeX-devel] Re: XEmacs and ZUCTeX Problems

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: XEmacs and ZUCTeX Problems
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:29:45 +0900

    Uwe> The reason seems to be the check in, what ever I tried when I
    Uwe> check in that variable get the values "CVS-1.13".

That's because that's generated using a CVS revision keyword.  I think
that if you turn off keyword expansion for tex.el, you should be able
to change it to whatever it should be by hand.

You should be able to (1) change the value of that text in tex.el to
match whatever it should be (from AUCTeX CVS), then (2) use `cvs admin
-ko tex.el' to turn off keyword substitution by CVS, then (3) check it
in.

I gather that this has already been recommended, and it didn't work
for you.  Can you explain exactly what you've done, and how it failed?
Did you lack permission or something like that?