Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-commit] auctex texmathp.el

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-commit] auctex texmathp.el
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:36:29 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> I am not sure what's worse, texmathp getting confused with math
> starters and stoppers in comments or having to use something like
> \iffalse\(\fi
> instead of putting \( in a comment.

We should probably aim to make the consequences of texmathp's
confusion for typical editing harmless.

And we should have simple ways to override the confusion where it is
hard to avoid.  If people absolutely insist on being able to stick all
sorts of unmatched stuff into comments, then we need an explicit
override like

\def\xxx{$%brace hack: $

However, I think we might be better off if the simple things work.