Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with preview-latex and ghostscri

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with preview-latex and ghostscript in suse 10
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:02:20 +0100

MrJ Man <address@hidden> writes:

> The reasons I didn't grant your request are:
> 1. The Omega project is essentially no longer
> maintained (mailing list and bug list are no longer
> operating, also
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=omegaleph),

The fonts presumably are still used by Yannis Haralambous in Omega.
Development may proceed glacially and with little involvement of the
public, but it still may be useful to get the info through.  While I
can't guarantee success here, it might be worth a try.

> 2. The fonts are made using Fontographer (the culprit
> may be "FontDirectory/OmegaSerifGreek
> known{/OmegaSerifGreek findfont dup/UniqueID known{dup
> /UniqueID get 4475229 eq exch/FontType get 1 eq
> and}{pop false}ifelse {save
> true}{false}ifelse}{false}ifelse" in the font
> preamble, which exists in all Fontographer fonts, as
> far as I can tell),

The above code either produces a `save' object and leaves `true' on
the stack, or it leaves `false' on the stack.

I don't think that this sort of information passing should happen on
the PostScript stack between prolog and the page data, but I don't see
a particular mention of stack effects in the DSC standard document.

> 3. When I was saying that I don't think the problem is
> related to the fonts, I meant that every other program
> that uses them functions properly, which means that
> preview doesn't behave well.

That would not mean a thing.

> Anyway, the issue is resolved, now about the problem
> with the misplaced previews, I found out that it is
> caused by adding a ' (quote) in a $ $ environment,
> which makes it difficult for me to find a way to
> resolve using the instructions in the page you
> suggested, as no macro is involved (that I know of).

Without an appropriate example, it is hard to say anything here.