Re: [AUCTeX-devel] address@hidden: Auctex preview mode can't be activate

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] address@hidden: Auctex preview mode can't be activated by Emacs automatically.]
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 18:42:49 +0800

> Ralf said "<-- Type `C-x  C-e' here", meaning that you should put the
> cursor right behind the closing parenthesis before typing C-c C-e.

But now, I get the following error message:

====================
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Info file auctex does not exist")
  signal(error ("Info file auctex does not exist"))
  error("Info file %s does not exist" "auctex")
  Info-find-file("auctex")
  Info-find-node("auctex" "Loading the package")
  Info-goto-node("(auctex)Loading the package")
  info("(auctex)Loading the package")
  eval((info "(auctex)Loading the package"))
  eval-last-sexp-1(nil)
  eval-last-sexp(nil)
  call-interactively(eval-last-sexp)
====================

> > Now, if I want to load the preview-latex, I must use the following method:
> >
> > ========================
> > M-x preview-install-styles
> > ========================
>
> Utter nonsense.  Please stop digging around in the dark.  AUCTeX comes
> with a file "INSTALL" which describes what steps to undertake for
> installing and activating both AUCTeX and preview-latex.  In fact, it
> would appear that loading all files in your site-start.d directory
> should do the trick, judging from your configure line.

I copy all the style files into my site-start.d directory, but it make
nosense.

> What are the contents of your site-start.el file?

See the following, and its location is /etc/emacs/site-start.el.

=======================
;; Emacsen independent startup file.  All of the various installed
;; flavors of emacs (emacs 19, emacs 20, xemacs) will load this file
;; at startup.  Make sure any code you put here is emacs flavor
;; independent.

;; Package maintainers: do not have Debian packages edit this file.
;; See the policy manual for the proper way to handle Emacs package
;; initialization code.

--
Hongyi Zhao <address@hidden>
赵弘毅