Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Spam on AUCTeX CVS mailing lists

From: David Kastrup
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:40:02 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, Oct 21 2007, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>> I unsubscribed the lists.
>
> Probably not may people are subscribed, I'd guess (-> David).  But I'm
> subscribed to the corresponding Gmane groups (like for other projects
> I'm interested in).
>
>> Problem solved.
>
> s/solved/ignored/
>
>> With all this spam they are useless anyhow.
>
> FYI: "Ham/total" ratio for the most recent 100 messages...
> <nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.auctex.diffs> 13/100
> <nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.auctex.cvs>   30/100
>
> David, what do you think about my previous suggestion?
> (<news:address@hidden>)
>
> Shouldn't we ask on gmane.comp.gnu.savannah.user (savannah-users) if a
> Subject and/or MID filter is possible?

If anybody volunteers to do the necessary work and moderation for the
lists, I am game.  The list manager pages offer some ways for filters.
As I already explained, my tries employing them were not appreciated.

I don't have the time to fine-tune this stuff.  If someone wants to
do this, I am fine with passing the responsibility.