[AUCTeX-devel] Aquamacs Maverik, auctex, problems, preview, xdvi, pdf vi

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Aquamacs Maverik, auctex, problems, preview, xdvi, pdf viewer inverse search
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 14:11:38 +0200

Hello

I don't use really Mac OS, but I installed, for a friend,  aquamacs (the new
version is
based on GNU emacs 24, which ships among other things auctex 11.87.

However there are some problems. I am not sure who is the culprit here,
auquamacs or auctex, but I just report the problems:

    -  the Latex distribution installed seems to be
       texshop/texmaker/texworks. Xdvi is not installed nor skim

    -  preview sort of works, the images are generated but then when
       they are displayed they are invisible, in the current setting (I
       presume this is a grey scale issue).

    -  per default correlate and pdflatex is set to on, which is good,
       but unfortunately forward and inverse search do not work, I
       presume this is a problem of choosing the correct pdf viewer.

    -  I recall there was an experimental toolbar for latex symbols
       (the person for which I installed aquamacs is used to win-edit
       which had huge menu bars with all sort of symbols). Where can I
       find this toolbar in auctex?

Does anybody know what would be the correct setting in the environment I
just described?

thanks

Uwe Brauer