[AUCTeX-devel] [some testing] (was: sub and superscripts: without «_» an

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] [some testing] (was: sub and superscripts: without «_» and «^»)
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 22:30:36 +0200

> Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

I downloaded the latest git checkin and played around with the new feature.

>   (setq font-latex-fontify-script 'invisible)

Especially I wanted to see how to toggle it off and on in a buffer.

Rationale: if the feature is set to invisible and you write __ this is a
LaTeX error but you would *not* see it (I know this what was  the mayor
objection against that feature.)

When I run customize or setq for that matter I can toggle indeed that
feature on and off, but not as I thought by turning font-lock on and
off, but I have to kill the buffer and reopen it again.

However if I have in the feature turned off in a buffer and turn it on,
toggling the font-lock mode, the _ ^ become invisible, but not the other
way around: once they are invisible, turning the feature off, even
switching to fundamental mode, does not help. I have to close and reopen
the buffer.

Can somebody confirm this?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer