Re: [AUCTeX-devel] correct patch for current master

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] correct patch for current master
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 17:09:32 +0200

Hi Uwe,

> It seems that my last patch did not take care of a recent change in
> auctex master, so I pulled and applied my change again.
>
> I send both the patch in HG and just in case in git format. I did not
> modify the Makefile so far, since I don't know whether that patch will
> be accepted.

Thank you for your contribution.  A few comments:

1) first of all, did you sign the copyright papers?  We can't accept
this file before you do so

2) did you start writing this style file in 2003?  In addition, I
don't think the file was created in 20153 ;-)

3) `LaTeX-add-environments' syntax is

    (LaTeX-add-environments &rest ENVIRONMENTS)

so you don't need multiple calls to the function.

4) "question" macro is repeated three times

5) `reftex-label' is a RefTeX function, but AUCTeX is independent from
RefTeX.  Use `TeX-arg-label' instead (when RefTeX is installed and
`reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX' is non-nil, `TeX-arg-label' is aliased
to`reftex-arg-label')

6) actually, these environments are itemize-like, so you may want to
use features related to `LaTeX-insert-item' and `LaTeX-item-list'

7) in general, do not use hard-coded "[", we have much more advanced
functions to insert arguments, see `TeX-argument-insert'.  However, in
this case `TeX-arg-examn-points' is useless, "[ "Points" ]" (without
outer quotes) works just fine, like you did in the last definition of
"question".